Thursday, 27 April 2017

Your Vote Matters!

If you are not registered to vote, you will need to register to vote by Monday 22 May in order to vote at the UK general election.

In England, Scotland and Wales you can register to vote at

In Northern Ireland, visit Register to vote in Northern Ireland page to download a registration form.

As a member of the armed forces, or the spouse or civil partner of someone in the armed forces, you can register to vote either as a service voter or as an ordinary voter.

It makes sense to register as a service voter. This allows you to be registered at a fixed address in the UK even if you move around.

Service voter registration lasts for five years, so once you're registered you shouldn't have to worry about it while you're busy overseas. You can cancel your service voter registration at any time.